"Imagery and Remote Sensing for Tailings Facility Management" Webinar

01-13-2021 02:48 PM
SarahPowell1
Esri Contributor

Please view the webinar recording of "Imagery and Remote Sensing for Tailings Facility Management," which was recorded on January 27, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. PST. 

Select Questions and Answers from Live Session:

1. How do I get access to Living Atlas data?
    1. ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World is available to all users who have accounts in ArcGIS Online.  If you are using ArcGIS Enterprise, you will need one ArcGIS Online user to register the content with your ArcGIS Enterprise environment.
  2. Will the ArcGIS Online imagery replace Image Server?
    1. No, ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online will not be replacing ArcGIS Image Server.  We will continue to offer both options for customers to decide between on-premise or SaaS.
  3. How many credits will the imagery service on ArcGIS Online consume?
    1. The image services in ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online will vary in their cost based on the type of service published, size of data, and other variables.  More specific cost calculators will be available as the product is released for you to estimate the cost of your image services.
  4. Where can I find the previous webinars?
    1. Previous Esri Mining webinars are available here: esriurl.com/MiningWebinars.  The previous webinar on Tailings workflows using mobile apps is available here: Geospatial Strategies for Tailings Storage Facility Management.
  5. How can I get the Planet imagery add-in for Pro?
    1. The Planet add-in for ArcGIS Pro requires a subscription with Planet.  Please contact either Planet or Esri to learn about available options.  You can find more information here about the Esri and Planet partnership.
  6. Can you process radar and lidar data?  Can I use that type of data in ArcGIS for tailings?
    1. ArcGIS doesn’t have tools for processing radar or lidar data but can visualize and analyze these types of data. 
  7. What license do I need to do that analysis in ArcGIS Pro?
    1. In this webinar, we used the Image Analyst extension for ArcGIS Pro.
  8. Is there any ground movement analysis and alarming based on movement thresholds with some of tools?
    1. Yes, using various analysis tools in ArcGIS, you can set thresholds and alert based on those thresholds.  Alerts might be visualized in the form of a web map or dashboard or sent through email, for example. 

If you have any other questions, please contact Esri's Darin Bryce at dbryce@esri.com.

Thank you,

The Mining Team

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies