Hello, Everyone

Jump to solution
07-03-2023 11:11 PM
MeseleKebedeSharew
New Contributor

Hello, my name is Mesele Kebede Sharew, and I am delighted to introduce myself. I hail from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and recently graduated from Addis Ababa Science and Technology University in July 2022.

Throughout my academic journey, I developed a strong passion for environmental engineering and its applications. One particular area of interest for me is Geographic Information Systems (GIS). I find the integration of GIS technology with environmental engineering to be highly intriguing. GIS allows for the effective analysis, visualization, and interpretation of spatial data, enabling better decision-making processes in environmental management.

I am a passionate Environmental Engineer with a strong dedication to developing and implementing sustainable environmental management systems. Currently, I am working as a junior environmental engineer at Adey Meselesh GmbH, where I actively contribute to projects aimed at promoting sustainability practices and environmental stewardship.

Moreover, I am enthusiastic about the application of computer software in environmental engineering. I am proficient in utilizing GIS software, such as ArcGIS, to map and analyze environmental data, assess land use patterns, and identify areas for potential environmental improvements.

Looking ahead, my career aspirations revolve around becoming a successful entrepreneur and environmental consultant. I envision establishing an environmental consultancy firm in Ethiopia, where I can contribute to sustainable development initiatives and support companies in implementing environmentally conscious practices.

I am excited to connect with professionals in the field who share similar interests and experiences. I believe that collaboration and knowledge-sharing are crucial for driving positive change in environmental engineering. I am open to exploring opportunities where my skills in GIS and environmental engineering can make a meaningful impact.

Thank you for taking the time to learn a bit about me. I am eager to connect and exchange ideas with like-minded individuals who are passionate about creating a more sustainable future.

MK_Freedom_Confidence
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, Mesele, and thanks for sharing about yourself!

Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

And, noting your specific interest in environmental sustainability, these areas may prove a good starting point: 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about using Esri Community!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, Mesele, and thanks for sharing about yourself!

Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

And, noting your specific interest in environmental sustainability, these areas may prove a good starting point: 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about using Esri Community!

Jesse Cloutier
MeseleKebedeSharew
New Contributor

Dear Jesse Cloutier,

Thank you for the warm welcome and for introducing me to the Esri Community. I'm excited to be part of this vibrant community of GIS professionals and enthusiasts. I appreciate the resources you have shared, including the "Getting Started with Esri Community" guide and the Esri Training offerings. I look forward to exploring the Natural Resources and Water Resources areas, as they align with my specific interest in environmental sustainability. Should I have any questions or need assistance, I will not hesitate to reach out. Thank you once again for the warm welcome and the valuable resources.

Best regards,

Mesele Kebede Sharew

MK_Freedom_Confidence
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

It's all our pleasure!

Jesse Cloutier
0 Kudos