Getting Started with the ArcGIS Utility Network - Explore connectivity associations

Jump to solution
12-23-2020 08:35 AM
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

I'm working through the Getting Started with ArcGIS Utility Network Lesson (Get started with the ArcGIS Utility Network | Learn ArcGIS) and keep running into an issue in the Explore Connectivity Associations  section. This is my second time trying to get through the lesson. The instructions in step 2 state to click on the Modify button in the Associations tab. There should be an option to either Select a junction or change the junction selection. My screen doesn't show either of these options. What am I doing wrong? I'm currently using ArcGIS PRO 2.6.2

Screen Capture of the Getting Started with ArcGIS Utilities Network instructionsScreen Capture of the Getting Started with ArcGIS Utilities Network instructionsWhat I see in ArcPRO following the instructionsWhat I see in ArcPRO following the instructions

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Sarah -

Thanks for bringing this up. This is a result of the Modify Associations pane being reworked to support nonspatial objects for the utility network. We will work on getting this learn lesson updated for the updated UI of the Modify Associations pane. 

You simply need to use the Add Features or Load Selected buttons in the pane to set the active item.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Sarah -

Thanks for bringing this up. This is a result of the Modify Associations pane being reworked to support nonspatial objects for the utility network. We will work on getting this learn lesson updated for the updated UI of the Modify Associations pane. 

You simply need to use the Add Features or Load Selected buttons in the pane to set the active item.

AneteZvaigzneLV
New Contributor III

Hello, I am on this tutorial making my baby steps in the UN jungle. I had some random ArcGIS Pro crashing, which I fixed by restoring the backup file. 

But I am writing here to ask a pure ''how to / Utility Network for Dummies'' type of question regards the tutorial >>> 

Take the Explore connectivity associations https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/get-started-with-the-arcgis-utility-network/#perform-a-service-... task which creates the associations between a specific Connection point, Fuse and Transformer. How can I make it stick - meaning, I want all my future newly made Connection points to be associated with a Fuse and the newly made Fuses to be ''automatically'' associated with Transformers. If I understand correctly the only way to do this is to create a custom Attribute rule? Or by creating Junction-Junction Connectivity rule after setting an association role (for connection point, fuse, transformer) and then adding the role? Or is it both these ways depending on the situation? Sorry If I answered my question or if I sound chaotic. I am just learning the language of UN hence this straightforward question.

Thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Regardless of how you create associations you'll have to have your network features configured with the correct rules to allow for associations + any association roles also need to get set (depending on the association type used). Then you have to decide how you will create your associations.

There are many options available for creating associations between network features: