Dashboard format web app?

08-18-2020 12:02 PM
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

I would like to create a dashboard format web app like what was shown in the Ed Summit. Can anyone please help me with that? I'm having trouble formatting widgets. I can't see how to let participants place a pin to their location, how to let students add a picture, how to make a one-question poll. 

There used to be a beta app that was very user friendly. I had students use a location pin and upload a picture. Even the crowdsource app is not intuitive# on how to do this.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dominique - I'd be happy to help you. The content from the Ed Summit was a pairing of the app Survey123 (where the person submitted their location, pictures, etc.) and then a dashboard that was showing the results of that survey. Let me know where you are at and how I can help.

Esri Education Team
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

Great! I'll start with the survey and post any questions. Thank you!

0 Kudos
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

Ok, I've created the survey. How do I display it in the dashboard web app?

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

You'll make a map in ArcGIS Online that contains the data from the survey, and have your dashboard use that map.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

Got it, but don't know how to get the survey data to display in widgets.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Once you have put your map into the dashboard, you will be able to pick from the layers in the map to drive the data in the widgets. Let me know if a Zoom call might be easiest for this and I can set something up.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
DominiqueEvans-Bye
New Contributor III

Can you give me a hand with the dashboard app this morning please. I'm ready to Zoom!

FreddieWooten
New Contributor II

Still need help? Best way to contact me via Private Message in the Community also checkout. Esri free courses Do-it yourself-Geoapps. 

0 Kudos
FreddieWooten
New Contributor II

I'm currently taking a 6 week Esri course that covers that very topic. Search Esri Mooc courses its called Geoapps and its free. Not too late to join us!

0 Kudos