ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 Image Analyst FMV video load time

09-23-2021 05:27 AM
MichaelTownshend
New Contributor III

How long should I expect it to take to load a video to load into ArcGIS Pro?

I am testing an eval version of ArcGIS Image Analyst for our State Department of Homeland Security.  I have 2 video files, each roughly 2.5 GB.  When I add one of these videos to my project , ArcGIS Pro takes over 24 hours to complete.

Given the file size,  should I expect this?  My system info is below if that helps.

Windows 10 64 bit

Xeon 3.60 GHz 4 core. 8 logical procs

32 GB RAM

AMD FirePro Graphics Adapter 2GB RAM

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael

My apologies for the delay.  I think this channel is for Esri to POST videos, not really intended for questions about videos.  I'm sorry I didn't see your question.

There's definitely something wrong - it should only take a few seconds for a window to appear and begin playing the video, assuming it's a file format we read (MP4, Transport Stream, others) and it should play even if it does not have MISB-formatted geospatial metadata, although you need that metadata to get the FMV tools to work.

Do your videos have metadata (embedded, MISB format)?  If not but you have a properly formatted CSV file, see https://esriurl.com/MultiplexerTipsTricks  

If you haven't gotten this resolved already with tech support, please let me know.

Cody B. 

0 Kudos