Pansharpening error

Jump to solution
07-22-2021 10:51 AM
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III

When pansharpening an image in ArcGIS Pro, error 000440 appears:

Error code: 000440: Failed to create pan-sharpened raster dataset

Description:The output raster dataset can not be created. The dataset format my not support the output pan-sharpened raster data type. Learn more about raster format specifications.

The output was directed to the GDB.  Any ideas?  Using Landsat 8 data RGB with the Panchromatic band.  I've checked the input data and it appears to be in order.  Happy to provide more details if needed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you provide the complete file path of the output file (including file name)?

What happens if you save it in a basic folder as a TIFF (*.tif) file?

Think Location

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you provide the complete file path of the output file (including file name)?

What happens if you save it in a basic folder as a TIFF (*.tif) file?

Think Location
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III
C:\GIS\GEOL234\assignments\assign12.gdb\
This is the path name for my output from pansharpening. Thank you for your reply!
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please mention the file name as well. Please ensure there is no extension in the file name, that is stored in a GDB.

Think Location
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III

I saved it in a standard folder instead of a GDB and it works.  Is there a reason why it won't save in the GDB?  Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Usually, a File Geodatabase Raster Dataset should not have any extension. Did you write any extension (*.tif, *.img, etc) while defining the name of the GDB Raster Dataset? That can throw Error Code 000440.

That being said, I always prefer saving Rasters in basic folder(s) as TIFF (except Mosaic Datasets).

Think Location
0 Kudos
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III
There was no extension and thanks for the tips.
0 Kudos