Oriented Imagery plugin - missing overlays tool

Jump to solution
01-18-2022 11:36 PM
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9 with last version of OIC plugin, but I don´t see there an Overlay tool in the menu (the menu is different against menu shown in OIC Storymap).

VHolubec_0-1642577679240.png

Have you removed this tool in this version, or it must be enabled somewhere else?

Thank you,

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Vladimir,

Overlays in ArcGIS Pro only work with Feature Services. ie Feature Layers that are loaded in ArcGIS Online or portal. If the source of the feature layer you are trying to add is from a local GDB it will not work.  

I would suggest you create a feature layer in ArcGIS Online or Portal and make sure it is editable. Or you can publish the one you have locally to ArcGIS Online or Portal.  Then check if its editable. After that you can add that to your map / OIC Layer in pro.  It should then show up in your viewer. 

If the problem still persists, please send me detail steps on what you are doing and we can try and rectify. 

Randall 

View solution in original post

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattiasTivlin,

add two attributes to the layer:

• ImgUrn
  • ImgGeom.

It´s described in section: "Digitize features in the Oriented Imagery Viewer" in  the UserGuide.pdf where it states (p8-9):

"1. Create a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online, or add this example feature layer to your map. Select the layer in the Contents pane.

Note: The hosted feature layer must be editable, and should have two required text fields: ImgUrn and ImgGeom."

Hope it helps.

Vladimir

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RandallRebello

Hi Vladimir, 

To add overlays from within ArcGIS Pro you need to drag and drop the layer you wish to overlay into the OIC group layer. 

After you have added the layer to the Oriented Imagery Catalog group, close the viewer and click on a point again.  This should show you the overlays button in the viewer. 

Randall

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RandallRebello,

thank you for tip, but it hasn´t helped. Neither re-open OIC image nor ArcGIS Pro restart. Still I don´t see Overlays tool there, neither for observation points nor for difeerent layers like "parcela" even everything is in the OIC group.

VHolubec_0-1642680204057.png

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Vladimir,

Overlays in ArcGIS Pro only work with Feature Services. ie Feature Layers that are loaded in ArcGIS Online or portal. If the source of the feature layer you are trying to add is from a local GDB it will not work.  

I would suggest you create a feature layer in ArcGIS Online or Portal and make sure it is editable. Or you can publish the one you have locally to ArcGIS Online or Portal.  Then check if its editable. After that you can add that to your map / OIC Layer in pro.  It should then show up in your viewer. 

If the problem still persists, please send me detail steps on what you are doing and we can try and rectify. 

Randall 

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RandallRebello , local data was the case.

Data from FS which contains the two required fields mentioned in documentation works fine.

Thank you for help.

Vladimir

Vladimir
0 Kudos
MattiasTivlin
New Contributor III

Hi

I have the same problem so what's the required field you mention? and which document is it?

I really need some help with this 🙂

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattiasTivlin,

add two attributes to the layer:

• ImgUrn
  • ImgGeom.

It´s described in section: "Digitize features in the Oriented Imagery Viewer" in  the UserGuide.pdf where it states (p8-9):

"1. Create a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online, or add this example feature layer to your map. Select the layer in the Contents pane.

Note: The hosted feature layer must be editable, and should have two required text fields: ImgUrn and ImgGeom."

Hope it helps.

Vladimir
MattiasTivlin
New Contributor III

Great! Now it works 🙂 Thanks for the help