Drone2Map imagery quality

Jump to solution
09-27-2021 07:05 AM
BillLotz
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am processing drone imagery shot with a Mavic Pro.  It was flown using drone deploy at 200' with 75/70% overlap. Two acres, 113 images, in a crosshatch flight patch. the raw imagery is great, but when processed imagery is not. after numerous tries I reset Drone2map to the default setting s and tried again, but got the same results.

I have attached a screenshot showing the raw imagery and the processed, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@BillLotz you can use Agisoft Texture de-lighter, which is an awesome free tool that removes shadows from images https://www.agisoft.com/downloads/installer/ 

There are other ways of doing it in Adobe Lightroom, but this tool is pretty decent.

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
BillLotz

Ahh, our firewall is blocking Agisoft since it is in Russia. It isn't real fond of DJI software either!

0 Kudos
TrentReeder
Occasional Contributor

In regards to shadow reduction or image touch-ups, you can batch process all shots before running them through your photo stitching program using Lightroom as @David_Brooks mentioned.  I've done this on a number of projects with great success.  Another photo editing program called Photo Studio from ACDSee will help with batch processing as well, but at a lower cost than Adobe.  For the past month I've been testing the ACDSee program's Light EQ tool and using settings other drone mappers have been using and I'm impressed with the results!

TrentReeder_1-1633618510455.pngTrentReeder_2-1633618614437.png

Of course the images should be fairly dialed-in through the camera settings for each flight, but out in the field and flying numerous jobs in a different location on a single day, nothing is perfect.

If folks are interested, I can post those ACDSee Light EQ settings.

0 Kudos
BillLotz

Big difference, thanks for the suggestions!

0 Kudos