Creating an oriented imagery catalog: The specified procedure could not be found.

Jump to solution
07-22-2021 04:37 PM
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Hi--I'm following the Creating an oriented imagery catalog tutorial and I'm getting an error at the step where I try to add images to my OIC from a public Amazon S3 bucket.  Specifically I get a string of errors similar to this:

Can't load requested DLL: C:\\Users\\wrightb\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\ArcGIS\\Pro\\bin\\gdalplugins\\gdal_ECW.dll\r\n127: The specified procedure could not be found.\r\r\n\r\nERROR 1:

I'm running ArcGIS Pro version 2.8.1 on Windows 10 and I downloaded the add-in and toolkit today so they are up to date.

I seem to have the plug-in loaded in two locations though so maybe that is causing the problem.  I've attached a screenshot of the error and also the plug-in locations.

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Bryan, 

The reason you are facing this issue if because there is an incompatibility between the gdal version that is installed with Oriented Imagery and ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1. When Pro 2.8.1 was released the gdal dlls were updated.

To fix your issue you can revert to Pro 2.9 or you can get the latest dlls from github. 

If you choose to go to github this is what you need to do. 

- open this link in a browser. https://github.com/Esri/OptimizeRasters/blob/master/Setup/OptimizeRastersToolsSetup.exe

- Click on Download. 

- Double click the installer.  (if windows blocks installation then click on More info and then click run anyway) 

- Let the installer install in the default location. (when complete close the installer)

- Open File explorer and browse to c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OptimizeRasters\GDAL

- Copy the bin folder 

- Browse to c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Dependents\OptimizeRasters\GDAL

- Paste the bin folder here. It should overwrite all the files in the bin folder. 

- Restart pro (if open) 

- Try the tool now. 

Please note : Do these steps only if you are sticking to Pro 2.8.1. If you decide to revert to Pro 2.8 do not do these steps. 

We are working on a fix for the next release for Oriented Imagery that will solve this issue.  

Thanks, 

Randall 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Bryan,

Looking at the error your source imagery is ECW. Is this correct? If so then the error is expected as you cannot add ECW images to a services based environment due to licensing restrictions from Hexagon. . You will need to convert them to tiff and then try again.

Cheers

Gordon

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion Gordon.  The images are JPGs and are part of the ESRI tutorial so I don't have any control over their format.  I attached the file from the tutorial that points to them.

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Bryan, 

I was able to reproduce this issue using a data bucket that I did not have access to. Can you check if you have permission to access the imagery that you have in the list file that you are using. 

The best way to this is to open ArcGIS Pro and Add data from path. Copy the path to one of the images and paste it in the dialog to add data from path.  If it cannot add the image, it means you don't have access to that data. 

At the moment Oriented Imagery works on open buckets.   I have attached a document on how to do this. 

If you have any more question do not hesitate to contact/reply  on this thread. 

Thanks, 

Randall

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

Thanks Randall.  I tried adding the path and it indeed threw an error (see attached).  It's funny though since this is an ESRI tutorial so it should be an open bucket.  In fact if I type the URL directly into my browser I can see the image (e.g., http://orientedimagerysamples.s3.amazonaws.com/EsriCampus180701/109/IMG_7706_4983491.JPG )

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Bryan, 

There is a log file that is created in this folder: c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\logs. 

Can you attach that log for me please.  The log name will begin with AddImagesToOrientedImagery followed by the OIC name and the date. They are xml files. 

Send me the one that contains the initial error message you saw. 

Thanks 

Randall

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

I attached the log file but had to change it to to a PDF since .xml is not allowed as an attachment.  Also, I don't have any of my own buckets to try it with and I am running ArcPro over a VPN from home.  I also have a personal license on another computer (not on a VPN) and I also ran into the exact same problem there when trying to add data from the path.  Thanks for trying to figure it out!

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Can you try something please.

Open up the text from the tutorial and replace http: with https: 

Randall

0 Kudos
BryanWright
New Contributor III

I thought of that as well but unfortunately it didn't work!  

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Can you check your python environment ?  Are you using the default env when Pro is installed? Or do you have a cloned environment? 

If you have upgraded from 2.8 to 2.8.1 and you were using a cloned env. Then I would suggest you create a clone from the default. and try again.

If you do not have a cloned env. then create a clone and try again. 

The last thing I would say is to repair your ArcGIS pro installation. 

0 Kudos