azure blob imagery

01-28-2020 09:23 AM
RahulMehta
New Contributor II

We have deployed images to Azure blob and published successfully as image service

the black and white chess box appear on zoom, have followed all the standard steps

Main issue is chess box on zoom and below are entries in Log

Why does  Log gives these error and how to avoid

1. Log says below Missing raster: [/vsiaz/esrirasterdata/path to blob]

2. The operation timed out(WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12002), URL = https://s3.amazonaws.com/esriresources/regionsforcloudstorage.dat

we have no reference any where for "vsiaz" or S3 , we are using Azure

Steps followed till now are below

Create a new file geodatabase and create a new empty mosaic dataset in this

• Add the raster files in the Azure Blob data store to the mosaic dataset
  • Add the mosaic dataset as a layer to the map
  • Register the file geodatabase as a data store with ArcGIS Server (keeping the Azure Blob registered)
  • Publish the map with the reference registered data option checked

Second 

build overviews : creates downsample images, on zoom out

1. add raster

2. define overviews

3. build overviews

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TrevorNickolai
Esri Contributor

Hey Rahul,

Thank you for reaching out.  This is interesting, but looking through the .dat file you provided, it points to multiple different Cloud Storage options including Azure, AWS and their regions.

Example: 

""environments": [{
"id": "AzureCloud",
"displayName": "Azure Cloud",
"storageEndpointSuffix": "core.windows.net",
"authTokenEndpointSuffix":"login.microsoftonline.com"
},

It appears this S3 storage is tied to cloud storages in general (whether it be azure or AWS).  Looking through this workflow Register your data with ArcGIS Server using Server Manager—Manage data | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I also see this document: Configure cloud store regions—Deploy | ArcGIS Enterprise   which appears to be directly connected to that .dat file.  I am wondering if somehow we used a default .dat file without knowing and that is why we are seeing connections to S3 and AWS.  The last document I provided could allow you to "lock" things down a bit further. 

I also know the "WinINet Error while using HTTPS security, 12002"  could be tied to an HTTP protocol communication being made with an HTTPS required communication.  If the ArcGIS Server isn't HTTPS only, this could prompt these responses or if we don't have the proper TLS securities such as TLS 1.2.

I hope this information is helpful.

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Rahul, did you ever find a solution to this? Also struggling to get overviews into Azure blob storage.

-Aaron
0 Kudos