Mosaic Datasets created or edited with Pro 2.3.2

03-28-2019 02:29 PM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
3 4 1,661

The ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 software patch enables mosaic datasets created or modified by Pro 2.3 and 10.7 to be read and modified by earlier versions (ArcGIS Pro 2.1 and 10.5 or later).

If you created or modified a mosaic dataset using Pro 2.3 or 10.7, you can update it and make it compatible with earlier versions by following the steps below.

1. Open Pro 2.3.2.
  2. In the Catalog pane, navigate to your mosaic dataset. Right-click and select Properties from the drop-down menu.
  3. Click Defaults which displays Image Properties. Scroll down to Maximum Number of Rasters Per Mosaic, and change the value to any number. Press <Tab> to update the field.
  4. Change the Maximum Number of Rasters Per Mosaic property back to the original value and press <Tab> to update the field again. 

This resets the mosaic dataset object to the new Pro 2.3.2 version.

Update to ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2 by going to My Esri or by using the in-app software updater.

4 Comments
MohamadChibli
Esri Contributor

Hi Julia,

Would the suggestions above work if the Mosaic Dataset was created in Pro 2.3.1, and I want to open it in ArcMap 10.4.1?

Thank you,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Mohamad, 

The process works to create compatibility between Pro 2.1+ and ArcMap/Enterprise 10.5+. If you use the steps above, you will be able to view your mosaic dataset in ArcMap 10.5 or later, but not in 10.4.1.

Thanks!

Julia

AlexGerrish1
New Contributor III

Hi Julia,

Will compatibility with 10.5 be an issue with any Pro version newer than 2.3.2?

Thanks,

Alex

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

It should not be a problem moving forward - I just tested with a mosaic dataset created in Pro 2.4 and I could read it just fine with 10.5. 

As long as the mosaic dataset does not have a function applied to it that was created in the newer version, it should be compatible. 

Thanks, 

Julia