Unable to save edits - Unique constraint violation: Unable to trim state for table.

10-21-2021 05:00 AM
PaschalisLagias
New Contributor

Hello,

I am currently getting an error when trying to save edits within an Edit Session while modifying data saved within an Oracle Enterprise Geodatabase.

I am using ArcMap Standard 10.8 and I am trying to update a table that has been registered as versioned with the edits being moved to base. We don't have multiple versions of the Geodatabase apart from the default one.

The error I get is related to a unique constraint violation, which seems to stop state trimming. Below a screenshot of the error:

PaschalisLagias_0-1634817139148.png

Any suggestion or direction about this error would be highly appreciated. Could you please let me know in case there is any extra piece of information that I can add to assist. Apologies if the post does not meet the required standard, it is the first time I am creating one in this space.

Many thanks in advance,

Paschalis

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@PaschalisLagias 

I did a google search for your error and found this technical support article: 

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000007268 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
PaschalisLagias
New Contributor

@ABishop  thank you for the quick response. I have looked into the article but I cannot find SDE.GDB_OBJECTCLASSES table within Oracle SDE user.

The unique constraint seems to be related to an Additions delta table composite Primary key. Unfortunately, I don't know how to track how the values for this key are generated.

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos