Is it possible to create a database view on an annotation featureclass?

Jump to solution
10-05-2022 02:19 PM
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III

I have a need to filter some annotation from related tables.  I would like to left outer join an annotation feature class to a different featureclass, add a where clause and keep only the fields from the original annotation feature class and register it with geodatabase as an annotation featureclass.   When I do so, it reads the shape as polygon and registers it as a polygon feature class.  I would like to keep the annotation class extension on the feature class.  Is there a trick to doing this?  Like some SDE table to update or a field to add.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanaNolan

I was taught that annotation is a non-simple polygon, because there are points for stuff like text anchors, rules, the polygon for the extent of the label, and more, stored in each record. So, I think you need some other way to do this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanaNolan

I was taught that annotation is a non-simple polygon, because there are points for stuff like text anchors, rules, the polygon for the extent of the label, and more, stored in each record. So, I think you need some other way to do this.