Where to store line events associated with Pipeline in UPDM(2019)?

11-19-2020 01:08 AM
aaizMe
by
New Contributor II

I am migrating pipeline data to UPDM(2019). The current pipeline database has geometric network that needs to be migrated to Utility Network in UPDM. I have mapped the relevant feature classes i.e pipeline feature class containing the pipeline' geometries and attributes is mapped to PipelineLine feature class in UPDM. But there are other tables in my database that have the linear line events on those pipelines.

As per the document "it is possible to replace the Centerline featureclass with the PipelineLine featureclass", so my question is if the PipelineLine feature class has the actual geometry of the pipelines where would I store line events in UPDM? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@aaizMe UPDM 2019 has features to store line events like P_OperatingPressRange, P_DOTClass, P_InspectionRange etc. If the model does not have a landing spot for unique data layers, additional features can be added following the standards laid out in the model and related documentation. Note that after modeling the features, ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing tools must be used to register them as LRS Events and load data.   

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
aaizMe
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply @AyanPalit. But what if I created the lines from linear events using oracle or ArcMap LRS. Do I still need to use ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing tools?

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@aaizMe The key goal is to migrate to Utility Network - this is only supported in ArcGIS Pro with an ArcGIS Enterprise services based editing/versioning model. Utility Network and the UPDM implementation pattern is not supported in ArcMap. So any ArcMap based geometric network or LRS will need to be migrated. Oracle as the RDBMS is supported and specific version should be checked at geodatabase system requirements. Choice of ArcGIS Pipeline Referencing  is based on desired capabilities and data management requirements for linear referencing. My suggestion is to review the APR Resources to validate your use cases.      

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos