City Engine: merging blocks and shapes

Jump to solution
11-07-2022 05:17 AM
DianaC
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am a beginner using City Engine 2022.0. I am trying to create a rule that would create a mass in blocks between existing buildings. I am applying my rule for a block, created inside of the road network (no subdivision, shape creation enabled). Existing buildings are imported from Arcgis as shapes and left on different layer. I uploaded a screenshot where white buildings are existing ones, extruded from shapes, and red ones are newly generated.

The problem is that I cannot find how to make new (red) shapes avoid existing shapes (white). Is there some kind of a rule that would allow me to do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @DianaC, and thanks for visiting the Esri Young Professionals Network in Esri Community!

It looks like you posted this question in ArcGIS CityEngine Questions as well and it received a response from another member. Feel encouraged to take a look and mark their answer as an Accepted Solution if it helps you solve this issue: Cannot make generated cube avoid existing shape 

All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @DianaC, and thanks for visiting the Esri Young Professionals Network in Esri Community!

It looks like you posted this question in ArcGIS CityEngine Questions as well and it received a response from another member. Feel encouraged to take a look and mark their answer as an Accepted Solution if it helps you solve this issue: Cannot make generated cube avoid existing shape 

All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
DianaC
by
New Contributor II

Thank you, I have just done that! 🙂

Yours,

Diana