free web course but requires 10 service credits

Jump to solution
11-18-2021 08:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried taking this free web course "Getting Started with Data Management" and realized it'll take 10 service credits in one of the last excises. Is it really going to charge 10 service credits to our org account? 

I have attached the screenshot which shows the credits will be charged at step to integrate the class dataset with Esri's demographic data. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Henry, yes, to replicate and teach real-world workflows some web course exercises will require the use of credits. I believe 10 credits equates to about $1.00, so hopefully your ArcGIS administrator will be OK with that.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Henry, yes, to replicate and teach real-world workflows some web course exercises will require the use of credits. I believe 10 credits equates to about $1.00, so hopefully your ArcGIS administrator will be OK with that.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for quick reply @Suzanne-Boden ! Yeah I just learned from our account admin as well that there are difference types of credits, in which case is so much cheaper than the instructor-led class credits, even they are both called 'credits". 

also wondering how a free account (non-organizational account) is going to be charged with those service credits...

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Henry, some Esri programs include credits that can be used for instructor-led training and other services (for example, Enterprise Agreements and Advantage Program). In web courses, if credits are used, they are the ArcGIS Online credits needed to complete exercise steps. If you use the credits in the exercise, you would see the available credit "balance" in ArcGIS Online reduced by 10 credits or so. Hope that makes sense. Bottom line: there are different types of credits. 🙂

0 Kudos