Free Training Order of Courses

Jump to solution
10-09-2021 05:00 PM
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Hope everyone is have a great weekend?

I have been doing the Esri free training courses. I am curious if anyone recommends an order to the free courses for a better learning experience?

I need more structure to my learning and want to keep growing. I just have been taking courses here and there and no real order to any of them.

I cannot pay for a full certificate in GIS due to not having enough funds to do it. I would love love to do that someday. Right now I am taking advantage of all of the free courses Esri has available.

What do you all think? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

Please check out the different learning plans found in Esri Training Catalog | Find Courses on GIS and ArcGIS Topics

I am mentioning a few learning plans (you could opt to choose from free training videos, web courses, tutorials, etc.).

1. GIS Fundamentals | Learning Plan (esri.com)

2. ArcGIS Pro Fundamentals | Learning Plan (esri.com)

3. ArcGIS Online Fundamentals | Learning Plan (esri.com)

4. Fundamentals of Data Management | Learning Plan (esri.com)

You haven't mentioned your proficiency in GIS and ArcGIS platform, so I have just mentioned the basic ones. You could explore further

If you are interested to enroll for the courses that requires maintenance, you could purchase an ArcGIS for Personal Use subscription. You will get unlimited access to self-paced e-learning through the Esri Training website.

Feel free to explore the Esri MOOC Program — Available Courses - Esri Community as well.

Also some resources found in the Esri Community for your reference.

Introduction to GIS Using ArcGIS Class Resources - Esri Community

More information can be found in Esri Training Documents - Esri Community

Hope it helps!

Think Location

View solution in original post

Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason, I want to echo the learning plan recommendations above and also let you know that MOOCs are completely free (only instructor-led courses have a fee). In January, the Do-It-Yourself Geo Apps MOOC starts and I think it could be useful to you. It covers popular apps that are used in emergency management workflows as well as in many other fields. Cartography. is another MOOC that would probably be of interest—it starts in February. You can sign up for either MOOC at any time at https://www.esri.com/training/mooc/.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BaldevBishnoi
New Contributor

IMG20210929110622.jpg

 sir please solve this problem 😬

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Baldev,

I would suggest you to ask a new question, rather than putting your query as a comment to a thread that is not relevant to your problem.

Here is How to ask a question - Esri Community.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jason,

Please check out the different learning plans found in Esri Training Catalog | Find Courses on GIS and ArcGIS Topics

I am mentioning a few learning plans (you could opt to choose from free training videos, web courses, tutorials, etc.).

1. GIS Fundamentals | Learning Plan (esri.com)

2. ArcGIS Pro Fundamentals | Learning Plan (esri.com)

3. ArcGIS Online Fundamentals | Learning Plan (esri.com)

4. Fundamentals of Data Management | Learning Plan (esri.com)

You haven't mentioned your proficiency in GIS and ArcGIS platform, so I have just mentioned the basic ones. You could explore further

If you are interested to enroll for the courses that requires maintenance, you could purchase an ArcGIS for Personal Use subscription. You will get unlimited access to self-paced e-learning through the Esri Training website.

Feel free to explore the Esri MOOC Program — Available Courses - Esri Community as well.

Also some resources found in the Esri Community for your reference.

Introduction to GIS Using ArcGIS Class Resources - Esri Community

More information can be found in Esri Training Documents - Esri Community

Hope it helps!

Think Location
JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Thank you for responding. I saw those learning plans but also saw in each they have a MOOC course that was too much for me to pay. Was not sure how important that one class is to the plan. What do you advise?

I do have the $100 version of ArcGIS and am enjoying it but still see the courses under maintenance. 

As for skill level. I am somewhat knowledgeable very much still a beginner, I think. I can add layers and do basic dot maps. I am interested in learning GIS so I can apply it to three fields... Emergency Management, Environmental/Sustainability, and the nonprofit world.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jason, I want to echo the learning plan recommendations above and also let you know that MOOCs are completely free (only instructor-led courses have a fee). In January, the Do-It-Yourself Geo Apps MOOC starts and I think it could be useful to you. It covers popular apps that are used in emergency management workflows as well as in many other fields. Cartography. is another MOOC that would probably be of interest—it starts in February. You can sign up for either MOOC at any time at https://www.esri.com/training/mooc/.

JasonSchmerer
New Contributor III

Thank you so much! I will take a look at the MOOC courses. Always looking to expand my knowledge. I am looking for employment currently. Never hurts to learn a new skill. I will try to sign up!

0 Kudos