ArcGIS Pro System Requirements for MOOCs

10-10-2021 10:04 PM
Labels (3)
AsmitaDeep
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm interested in attending the MOOC on "Spatial Data Science: The New Frontier in Analytics" but my personal system does not fulfills the system requirements for ArcGIS Pro. Please help me out and suggest a lower version of ArcGIS Pro software which can run on a system with 4 GB RAM. I really want to be a part of this upcoming MOOC.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Asmita,

There is no "Lite" version of ArcGIS Pro. I agree that it requires a machine with good specs.

Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro 2.8 

How does your system compare to the minimum requirement? Does it have a dedicated graphics card?

If your system runs on HDD, you could improve your system's performance by boosting system's memory using flash drive . 

Think Location
AsmitaDeep
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta, 

Thanks for your kind response. From the minimum requirements reported by the detection software, the 8 GB RAM requirement is not met and no CUDA support is detected. Thanks for suggesting a way to boost the system's memory.

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Asmita, while the Spatial Data Science MOOC exercises do require the ArcGIS Pro hardware specs, you can still join the course and get access to all the content (videos, quizzes, discussion forums, etc.). At a minimum, reading through the exercises will help you understand workflows and processes used to solve problems with advanced analytics (and reading each exercise counts toward completing the course and earning a certificate). If you're a student, your school may have a GIS lab with a computer you could use. If you're employed and the MOOC relates to your job, your employer may be able to provide a machine that meets the ArcGIS Pro system requirements. We'd love for you to be part of the MOOC, hope to "see" you there.

AsmitaDeep
New Contributor II

Hi Suzanne, 

Thanks for your kind response. I will be elated to join the course and use the available online content to grasp the concepts. "See" you at the MOOC 🙂

0 Kudos