ArcGIS for Student come w/ Maintenance Subscription?

Jump to solution
08-11-2023 09:05 PM
JeffreySweet92
New Contributor

I'm looking at buying the ArcGIS for Student and I would like to know if I am able to take online courses that require the Maintenance Subscription? 

Is the Maintenance Subscription included under the purchase of a ArcGIS for Student lisence?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeffrey, to confirm Dan's response, ArcGIS for Student Use does include unlimited access to e-Learning at Esri Academy (you can access all maintenance-only e-Learning).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Never used it but this ...

ArcGIS for Student Use | GIS Software, Data & Training for Students (esri.com)

says

Esri Training | Your Location for Lifelong Learning

so the type of training may be limited to self-paced e-learning

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeffrey, to confirm Dan's response, ArcGIS for Student Use does include unlimited access to e-Learning at Esri Academy (you can access all maintenance-only e-Learning).

0 Kudos
Oscar3a
New Contributor

What is the difference between ArcGIS for Student and ArcGIS for Personal use?

0 Kudos
Suzanne-Boden
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Oscar3a , these are essentially the same (they include the same software products, access to unlimited e-Learning at Esri Academy, and they're for noncommercial use). ArcGIS for Student Use is great for academic projects and building a GIS portfolio to share with potential employers. ArcGIS for Personal Use is great for professionals who want to volunteer their GIS expertise to help their communities, grow their ArcGIS skills at home, etc. 

0 Kudos