Inside Scoop: Hidden Features on Esri Academy

01-14-2022 01:54 PM
Labels (1)
KatieSmith
Esri Regular Contributor
2 2 825

There is a lot to explore on Esri Academy (www.esri.com/training), and we want to help you take full advantage of all its capabilities. With hundreds of resources available to you, we understand that some information may fall to the background. Explore these “hidden features” and learn some new tips to have the best possible Esri Academy experience.  

Q. What is a Wish List and how do I add a course to My Wish List on Esri Academy? 

A. A wish list is a convenient way to save resources to explore later. When you are logged in to your ArcGIS account, simply click the small heart symbol found next to the course title and that course will be added to your wish list. You can access your wish list under My Wish List. 

KatieSmith_0-1642196575558.png

Q. How can I create my own learning plan?

A. Go to the Learning Plans page and click 'Create your own plan,' which can be found in the box on the right-hand side of the page. Simply give your plan a title and an optional description, and then you will be able to add whichever training options you’d like. 

Q. Where can I find my course certificates? 

A. All Esri web courses, instructor-led courses, and MOOCs provide certificates upon successful completion. When you are logged in to your ArcGIS account, navigate to My Learning Activity to view them. Simply press ‘View Certificate’ next to the course title, and your certificate will appear. 

Q. How can I find recently released training options? 

A. Navigate to New and Retired Training Options to see all newly released courses. Here, you will find all training options that have been added to the Training site within the last 60 days and you can also discover courses that were recently retired or will be retiring soon. Courses are added and retired on a regular basis to ensure the quality of our collection. 

Q. What are pre-class and post-class assessments? 

A. These assessments were created to help you gauge your knowledge of certain topics covered in our instructor-led courses. The pre-class assessment is available to individuals who are registered for an instructor-led course, and they can be taken as early as three business days prior to the course start date. The post-class assessment may be completed only if the pre-class assessment was also taken, and it helps show the progress you have made in your understanding of the course material. These assessments are completely optional, although we encourage you to utilize them. Read more about the assessments here 

2 Comments
About the Author
Katie Smith was born in the beautiful state of Minnesota and now resides in sunny Southern California. She is on the Esri Training Team and desires to help people learn about the fascinating world of GIS.