Please note: This blog assumes you have already downloaded, hosted, and properly configured a proxy. Unsure if you’ve done this? No worries; just follow the instructions HERE .
- Access secured services with token-based authentication
- Going across domains for your resources
- Request exceeds 2,048 characters
- O-Auth 2.0 app logins used
- Enables logging
- Both resource and referer based rate limiting
- An ArcGIS Online web map shared with the organization
- An ArcGIS for Server map service secured using ArcGIS Server built-in with ArcGIS tokens
Web maps can be shared with the organization, or not shared at all. By using clientId and clientSecret, we can authenticate the web map or resources inside the web map. If you are working with an ArcGIS Online hosted feature service, you MUST be the owner of that hosted feature service to authenticate using an app login.
When working with content secured in ArcGIS Online (such as a secured web map or a secured hosted feature service), it is highly recommended to use a client id and client secret to authenticate. We will be using an ArcGIS for Server username and password for services hosted on ArcGIS for Server.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.