Unable to switch ESRI accounts on a tablet

03-31-2022 02:42 PM
JeremyHolcombe
New Contributor III

I'm using a Galaxy Tab A8, Android version 11, One UI Core version 3.1 and using Workforce (App version 22.0.1, Build 300). I'm trying to switch from one user to another, and while I am able to logout from the app, I am given two options: "Sign in with ArcGIS Online" and "Sign in with ArcGIS Enterprise". I press the first, and am automatically logged in as the previous user that just signed out.

The app does not offer any solutions in its Troubleshooting or About Workforce sections.

I have cleared the credentials on the tablet (settings > biometric and security > other security settings > clear credentials), but that is either WAY off or it doesn't take.

This seems like a bit of a security/privacy risk to me, since someone could log in as someone else and start logging erroneous data.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeremyHolcombe
New Contributor III

I have also cleared both storage and cache (settings > Apps > Workforce > Storage > Clear cache/Clear data) to no avail. In addition, I uninstalled Workforce and redownloaded and it still logged me in as the initial user.

0 Kudos
NicolasGIS
Occasional Contributor III

Hello @JeremyHolcombe,

Out of curiosity, is your ArcGIS Online account secured with SAML ? If so, I would suggest clearing browser cache instead of Workforce one in the apps settings.

I had opened a case for that already on Collector in 2016 :

#BUG-000097612 Credentials are remembered when using enterprise logins with ArcGIS Online and attempting to switch users in Collector for ArcGIS (Android).

But still the issue remains even on latest FieldMaps on android but not on IOS.

Nicolas

0 Kudos