Is there a way to save sketches on a web app?

05-11-2020 12:01 PM
Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

I have a dashboard I've set up to display the streets that we need to pave in the city, along with some utility data to help us prioritize which streets to pave and when.  In the past what we would do is print a paper copy of the map and have a meeting where people draw on the paper map where there might be some other work needed or something, then they give me the map and I make updates, etc.  Is there a way to do this interactively either through the dashboard I already made, or some other web app I could make?  I tried the draw widget but the sketches aren't saved after the browser session is closed.  I need a way for a handful of viewers to add lines or even just points to the map interactively, and indicate what work needs to be done at that location.  I have 20 years of GIS experience but am new to AGOL. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

> Is there a way to do this interactively either through the dashboard I already made, or some other web app I could make? 

Not in a dashboard, but you may want to take a look at Explorer for ArcGIS, it has the mark up functionality you're looking for. You could have your users open the same web map in Explorer, then add their sketches.

Markup—Explorer for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

Matt-Barrett
Occasional Contributor

Yes!  That's what I was looking for.  I set it up and tested it out and it will do what we want.  Thank you!

0 Kudos