Understanding GIS, fourth edition: An ArcGIS® Pro Project Workbook

Jump to solution
12-29-2020 06:50 PM
Labels (1)
DonnaGenzmer
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've been teaching with Understanding GIS, fourth edition: An ArcGIS® Pro Project Workbook. ESRI Press. ISBN: 9781589485266 for the past 3 semesters. Our virtual bookstore, eCampusHigherEd.com, is having trouble finding it. Can someone contact me about the availability?

Thanks 
Donna Genzmer

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi again,

We don't currently have another book with a project-based approach in the works. We are currently discussing how we can continue to support educators like yourself who are using this book, but no final decisions have been yet. Hope that helps! Please let me know if any other questions come up. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Esri Press Book Resources | Understanding GIS, fourth edition

You may have to contact esri directly to see about its availability.

... sort of retired...
SashaGallardo
Esri Contributor

Hi Donna,

I can help you with this. The print book is out of print; the e-book, however, is still available under 9781589485273. Our book distributor is Ingram, if that helps your bookstore. Please let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!

EminaSulych1
New Contributor

Links to data download is not working - can you assist with that? 

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Emina,

Try going to this page, you will see, "Click here to download the exercise data for this book." 

Right-click the link and choose "save as" to download the file.

0 Kudos
AmyPerdreauville
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

The links you provided earlier this year now redirects the to main Esri Press site. Do you know of an alternate place where we can find the exercise data?

Amy

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi Amy,

We are currently setting up a Hub to host the data for that book, in the interim you can access most of the materials for that book on the book's ArcGIS Online account. We hope to have the Hub ready by the end of September, so if there are resources related to that book that you need before then, you can email me at ccarpenter@esri.com and we can coordinate that. 

Thanks,

Craig

AmyPerdreauville
New Contributor

Craig, thank you for the fast response!

Amy

0 Kudos
falgunimukherjee
New Contributor

Hi Craig,

I am currently using this book for class and we are having issues locating the .lyrx files. The layer files are missing from the downloaded ParkSite SourceData folder.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Craig_Carpenter
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I've sent you a message about accessing the files you are looking for.

Craig

0 Kudos