Heat.gov climate-based public web site built on ArcGIS Hub

08-10-2022 10:05 AM
Gletham
Esri Regular Contributor
0 0 409

2022-08-10_11-03-27.png

Built on ArcGIS Hub, with several web apps built with ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Dashboards, and ArcGIS Experience Builder, Heat.gov offers maps, data, and information that will enable informed decisions by communities today and in the future.

This past month you may have noticed a fair bit of online chatter about this latest portal from the Feds... Heat.gov.

Pulling data, feeds, research, reports, and other sources of information from government projects, Heat.gov is billed as the National integrated heat health information system - and it's packed with great info! The focal point of the site is, what else, a map!

From the homepage you'll find a live web service that displays the current temperature along with future heat forecasts. Look a little deeper to access news (like a heat info webinar series) , planning and safety resources for affected communities, and my favorite section devoted to tools. I should note, at the time of writing this, more than 77,000,000 people in the US were currently under a heat warning. Learn more at https://www.heat.gov/ .

Learn more about this resource via the press release here

Note: Are you interested in creating your own heat map with ArcGIS Insights? Here you go

Tags (3)
About the Author
Community Manager. Esri Partner Ecosystem - Global Business Development (GBD), Partners & Alliances. You can often find me @gletham and see also #esripartners for tips