Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoportal Harvester: local folder settings ?

586
2
Jump to solution
08-23-2022 11:52 AM
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

I set up a simple UNC path broker on my local C drive. When I imported the metadata (in xml) from c:\temp\TestUNCMeta, nothing was imported. I also tried *.xml and **.xml as filter, nothing worked. I also tried a UNC path with shapefiles along with metadata, that did not work. There was no error message, the status showing 0/0 was imported. 

Are there settings that I might have missed? 

 

Thanks,

yin

YinShi_0-1661280253525.png

YinShi_1-1661280559182.png

 

 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

looking at your second screenshot I'm a little confused. do you show file extensions? if so, then I don't see an .xml file. if you are not showing file extensions, I don't understand why .dbf, .prj, etc are showing.

in the configuration dialog, just leave the Filter field blank. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

The xml file was there. The extension for the shapefile metadata is .shp.xml. The Windows Explorer took the first extension part and ignored the second.

I left the Filter field blank and ran the task. It imported everything in the folder, including prj, dbf and etc.

I then changed the Filter to **.shp.xml and ran the task. This time it worked correctly and imported only the metadata file. So the Filter for importing shapefiles should be **.shp.xml

Thanks a lot for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Marten
by
Occasional Contributor

looking at your second screenshot I'm a little confused. do you show file extensions? if so, then I don't see an .xml file. if you are not showing file extensions, I don't understand why .dbf, .prj, etc are showing.

in the configuration dialog, just leave the Filter field blank. 

0 Kudos
YinShi
by
New Contributor III

The xml file was there. The extension for the shapefile metadata is .shp.xml. The Windows Explorer took the first extension part and ignored the second.

I left the Filter field blank and ran the task. It imported everything in the folder, including prj, dbf and etc.

I then changed the Filter to **.shp.xml and ran the task. This time it worked correctly and imported only the metadata file. So the Filter for importing shapefiles should be **.shp.xml

Thanks a lot for your help!

0 Kudos