Domains assigned to field 'AssetType' must not be shared error

Jump to solution
04-24-2019 12:31 AM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I have created an asset package using the 'Create a utility network' gp tool and added to domain networks (eg Electrical & Communication) within an enterprise geodatabase. This was exported using the 'Export Asset Package' un gp tool.

A few small modification were made to the exported asset package (file geodatabase) by adding 3 coded domains & 3 subtypes to StructureJunction feature class. The 3 coded domains were then associated to their respective subtype.

Another eneterprise geodatabase was setup and I started the steps to apply this asset package

'Stage the Utility Network' was successful but 'Apply Asset Package' generated the error below.

Start Time: Wednesday, 24 April 2019 5:18:11 PM

Running script AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork...

ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2.15850

untools 2.3.2

Parallel processing enabled: 6

The asset package has the following errors:

Item Field OID Value Message Level

0 None None None StructureJunction/Pole | StructureLine/Pole Domains assigned to field 'AssetType' must not be shared error

1 None None None StructureJunction/Pillar | StructureLine/Pillar Domains assigned to field 'AssetType' must not be shared error

2 None None None StructureJunction/Guy | StructureLine/Guy Domains assigned to field 'AssetType' must not be shared error

Failed to execute (AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork).

Failed at Wednesday, 24 April 2019 5:18:34 PM (Elapsed Time: 22.81 seconds)

Has anybody come across this error before?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Anytime you get the "The asset package has the following errors:" message, that means there is something incompatible in the asset package and so execution is halted.

For this particular error, you are sharing the same asset type domain between the StructureJunction and StructureLine classes, which is not allowed. This error only checks asset type, so you can freely share other domains as much as you want.

As for why this is blocked, it's because you can modify a domain and it unintentionally has an impact on other asset types.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Anytime you get the "The asset package has the following errors:" message, that means there is something incompatible in the asset package and so execution is halted.

For this particular error, you are sharing the same asset type domain between the StructureJunction and StructureLine classes, which is not allowed. This error only checks asset type, so you can freely share other domains as much as you want.

As for why this is blocked, it's because you can modify a domain and it unintentionally has an impact on other asset types.

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Paul,

Sorry to have wated your time with this.

I didn't even realised I had configured StructureLine thinking it was StructureJunction.

Is there some webpage documenting the different error messages with their possible causes/fixes to use as a reference instead of constantly posting to geonet?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

You're the first person to ask about this

At time of writing, there are 172 unique errors that are checked in untools, which would be a lot of GeoNet posts...

Long term, I'd like for the error message in the GP tool to hyperlink out to a webpage explaining the error. Short term though, we will investigate creating a reference webpage explaining these errors. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Kudos