New Student Rate for Esri User Conference 2019

04-23-2019 08:35 AM
RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor
6 12 12.8K

This year at the Esri User Conference, we are offering university-level students full conference access at the discounted rate of $100! This is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the GIS community, network with peers and professionals, and learn the tremendous impact GIS is making in the world and how you can be a part of it! If you can't attend the entire week, there is also a 1 day option for students that is complimentary.

Your full conference registration (again, only $100 for university students!) gives you access to 5 days of expert-led workshops, sessions, networking events, hands on training and demonstrations on latest GIS technology, and so much more! Esri UC will take place July 8 - 12, 2019 in San Diego, California at the San Diego Convention Center.

Instructions for Esri UC student registration: 

1. You’ll need an Esri Account. If you don’t have one, please create an Esri account here.
2. Go to the 2019 UC Registration page and click “Register Now
3. Sign in to your Esri Account
4. Select if you are registering yourself or someone else
5. Under the heading “Customer Information,” select “I don’t have a customer number
6. Select that you are an Attendee
7. Select that you are attending UC and click Next
8. Select UC Student rate and click Next
9. Complete the required fields on the Personal Info page and click Review & Pay
10. Enter payment details. Payment by credit card or check is required prior to UC –no cash will be accepted onsite
11. Review the policy regarding personal information and check the box under the Notes field, if you consent
12. Review the cancellation policy and check the box , if you agree
13. Click Submit
14. Your registration has been submitted and is pending review

You will receive an automatic email with a link to book your hotel room at the conference rate. You will book your hotel online using this link provided in the automatic email. Each attendee has a personalized link, therefore, only one hotel reservation can be made per link. For hotel questions, please contact the Esri Housing Bureau.

We hope to see you there!

12 Comments
RobbynAbbitt
New Contributor III

Is there a way for students to apply for scholarships that would cover transportation and lodging costs?  Those 2 items are the barriers our students have to participating in the conference.

JosephMarsh1
New Contributor III

Hey Rosemary Boone‌,  are there any digital marketing assets for this awesome opportunity Esri is providing?

Thanks,

Joe Marsh

RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

It is definitely an awesome opportunity! I do not have any at the moment that I can provide, however you are more than welcome to share this blog via social or other available channel  

RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you for your question, Robbyn. Providing extremely low cost registration is the closest we can get to lowering the barriers of participation by college-level students. 

JohnathanClementi1
New Contributor

Hi Rosemary Boone! Is there a registration deadline for this offer?

RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi there! Currently there is no deadline for the student rate. 

ThanhNguyen
New Contributor

Hi Rosemary Boone! I have a question: I just graduated from Texas State University and I am currently working as an intern in GIS Services in my university, am I still qualified to register to the User Conference as a university-level student with the discounted rate $100, as you said in the blog post? 

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Thanh, the University Student rate for the user conference will apply if you're currently enrolled as a student at your higher education institution. 

BruceRash
New Contributor

I'm a Geography Grad student at Portland State. Hoping to make the conference but lodging is the big expense. I found this great way to save $$$...gonna borrow a friends small towable RV and stay at these venues...it's $129 for a whole year (divided by a couple/three friends, way cheaper than AirB&B even!)...

I'm not affiliated (or even a member yet!), but think it's just a great idea!

https://www.facebook.com/HarvestHosts/ 

Bruce R.

BruceRash
New Contributor

I'm a Geography Grad student at Portland State. Hoping to make the conference but lodging is the big expense. I found this great way to save $$$...gonna borrow a friends small towable RV and stay at these venues...it's $129 for a whole year (divided by a couple/three friends, way cheaper than AirB&B even!)...

I'm not affiliated (or even a member yet!), but think it's just a great idea!

https://www.facebook.com/HarvestHosts/

AllenDailey1
Occasional Contributor III

Do you know if this student rate will be available for the 2020 UC?

Thanks!

RosemaryBoone
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Allen - my apologies for the delayed response. There's no official approval as of yet. Stand by for updates via GeoNet for student registration for UC 2020. Thanks-