Pro Trial Acc Error Creating Api Key

11-08-2021 03:51 AM
S-Ridzuan
New Contributor

I am evaluating ArcGIS for Offline App on .Net.

I have succeeded running DisplayAMap using free Account with default created App Key.

The requirement for a sample code DisplayAnOfflineMapCustom, it must be Pro Account. So I registered using my company's email and got 21 days Free Trial. Upon opening ArcGIS developer site, no API key created on default. Creating a new key results in the same as many has posted the same screenshot. I have tried to follow the "solved" replies but none works.

We are evaluating GIS solution for jungle operation, most of the time no internet, I hope to be able to use ArcGIS, seems to be a glitch somewhere as the tutorial clearly provides link to 60-days Trial Pro Account, to enable this offline map App Key.

2 Replies
MatiasBelon
New Contributor

hi, do you found a solution? im with the same problem

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@S-Ridzuan @MatiasBelon 

the issue here is the mixing of the two different types of accounts needed to try this specific functionality on a trial basis.

The 21-day trial account on ArcGIS Online will not allow you to create the API key needed to complete the offline map tutorial. You can register for a free developer account that will give you that capability, but then that account is not able to unlock an ArcGIS Pro trial. However, you would be able to do both with either an ArcGIS Online creator user type with the ArcGIS Pro license or an ArcGIS Developer account with the Builder subscription plan.

Another thing you can try is to use OAuth authentication instead of API keys and require the trial account to log in to your .NET app. See https://developers.arcgis.com/net/wpf/sample-code/authenticate-with-oauth/.

Unlocking this API key capability in a trial mode is something the product management team can consider for a future update, but we do not offer it now.

--jf
0 Kudos