Building HTML with Arcade: Field Maps and Web Browser

11-07-2022 08:51 AM
GregDunnigan
New Contributor III

I am trying to build a popup that will work for both a Web Map in a browser as well as Field Maps.

I can build part of the with regular HTML Formatting with the fields that come from the layer the popup is based with (this are the fields with the Green Headings).

The issue is with the section with the Orange Heading.  This is an arcade field (highlighted yellow) that contains a relate and builds an entire HTML based table from the main layer to another table in the map (lower right part part of first screenshot using FeatureSetByName).

The good news is that everything works in Field Maps (and Pro for that matter) as you can see in the first screenshot.

The problem is that the results of the Arcade field are displayed as raw HTML in the popup in the Web Browser. 

Is there any way for the HTML coming from Arcade to be displayed as a table when looking at it it in a browser? 

Will Field Maps and Pro continue to work the way it does now?

Pic1.JPG Pic2.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LaurenBoyd
Esri Contributor

Hi @GregDunnigan -

Are you using non-supported HTML within the popup? Here is a list of the currently supported HTML within ArcGIS Online: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/supported-html.htm 

Lauren
0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

@GregDunnigan - you could also try authoring your Arcade expression via the Arcade popup content element. Here's a blog that explains how it's done: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/part-1-introducing-arcade-pop-up-con...

This solution should work in Field Maps and Pro 3.0.

GregDunnigan
New Contributor III

Hi Anne, thanks for pointing this out. 

Our production environment where I am trying to make this work is Enterprise 10.9.1, so I don't see it yet there.

In what version of ArcGIS Enterprise Is this Arcade popup context element available?

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

@GregDunnigan Sorry about that! It should be available in Enterprise 11.0.

0 Kudos