ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity AR Questions

10-28-2021 03:03 PM
AlexRayon
New Contributor

Hi Esri Community,

I am very confused about how to implement augmented reality waypoints using the ArcGIS for Unity SDK. I can not find any tutorials or example projects where anyone has previously implemented AR using the Unity plug-in. I have had experience developing mobile AR interactions in the past using ARFoundation but I figured Esri had their ownAR toolkit or is it expected to use AR Foundation?

Also I did get the Sample Scene to work and show my tile maps on the location that I wanted on the globe but my goal is to be standing at the real location and see those points as 3D AR objects wherever I am walking (i attached an image showing the orange dots that represent waypoints). I do not need the globe or the local view because I want to see those points through the camera on my phone. The most similar example would be like seeing a gym stop in Pokemon Go with the AR setting turned on. Is this too ambitious at the moment with the pre-release SDK? 

Is it also possible to retrieve any data stored in those waypoints from the ArcGIS side?

I am really desperate and have been looking for an answer these past 2 days any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewMcLane
New Contributor III

I am trying to figure this out too. I have seen that it is possible, but I am struggling. 

0 Kudos
EricPratt
New Contributor

Were you able to get any luck on this support?

0 Kudos