Unbale to Save Edits - ArcSDE

11-08-2010 10:05 AM
deleted-user-XYH0uc33lKDp
New Contributor
I am setting up a test environment to edit some data using ArcMap and ArcSDE that is connected to SQL Server.  I can connect to the database, view the data and do everything else you can do with ArcServer (load data, delete data, create data, etc...) but I cannot save edits.  When ever I try to save edits on a versioned dataset I get the following error:

Unable to save edits.
Function requires a state to be set for stream[DatabaseName.dbo.datasetname][State_ID=0].

Both geometry and attribute edits will not save.  I am connecting through a direct connection to my sql database and I am an admin on the server and I believe I have the correct privileges. 

I am running ArcMap 10 and SQL Server 2008. 

Thanks for any ideas!

Ben
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkAnstaett
New Contributor II
Benjamin,

Have you found a solution to this?  I am trying a programmatic (vb.net) versioned editing session and get the same exact error, however ours is SQL Server 2000, ArcSDE 9.2, ArcMap 9.3.1, not using direct connection.  Any findings you have may help in my case.
thanks,
Mark
0 Kudos
New Contributor
No, unfortunately,  not yet.  I have an open ticket with Esri and I am eagerly awaiting an answer! 

If and when I do come to an solution I'll make sure to post it here.

Ben
0 Kudos
New Contributor
I was able to come to a solution to this problem after many hours on the phone with Esri's tech help.  What was the solution, you ask?  We determined I had a bad install of SQL Server.  After I rebuilt my machine everything worked perfectly.

It wasn't the quick fix I was looking for but now everything is running smoothly.
0 Kudos