Problem with Tile Package Kreator

11-23-2017 02:11 AM
ElisabethSeidl
Esri Contributor

I created a tile package by using the Tile Package Kreator (Version 1.2.20) and by following all the steps described in the feature guide. The export complete Statuses have all been positive, no matter if I uploaded it on ArcGIS online or downloaded it to a local file, and no matter which parameters I defined for the tile package. If I try now to open the tile package in ArcMap I get an empty layer as result. If I try to open it in ArGIS Pro I get the error message “failed to add data”. And if I try to open it in Survey123 I don’t see the tile package either.

Did this happen to anyone before, any ideas which mistake I’m making?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, E.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

According to the recommendation posted here

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2017/02/01/introducing-tile-package-kreator-esri-labs/

you should rreally address your concern to the GitHub repo with technical issues should you want a more speedy .

They also have a notice of the limitations on the first link I posted

The aim of Tile Package Kreator is to simplify the creation of Tile Packages from existing tiled services. In some cases, you may want to combine multiple basemaps and even burn additional operational layers into the basemap.  This is not possible with Tile Package Kreator, but you can do all these things with the Create Map Tile Package Geoprocessing  Tool in ArcGIS Desktop.
0 Kudos
JadenThurgood
New Contributor

Hello there,

I'm fairly new in the ESRI/ARCGIS community. I'm trying to use the Tile Package Kreator app version 1.4.1 to export some World Imagery (for export) tiles. For some reason, the resolution of the World Imagery wont go past level 8 on the zoom. It's just a digital zoom of the resolution of level 8.

JadenThurgood_0-1630528233242.png

JadenThurgood_1-1630528232205.png

Then once I get to level 12, the image is unavailable.

JadenThurgood_2-1630528232109.png

Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue that needs to be addressed by ESRI?

0 Kudos