Can't see SQL table views in 10.3

Jump to solution
12-11-2014 11:25 AM
MikeLouwrens
Occasional Contributor III

I installed the new ArcGIS Desktop 10.3 yesterday, I just noticed when looking in one of my SDE connections that I can't see any SQL table views in ArcCatalog anymore.  I can see stand-alone tables, feature classes etc., but my table views are missing.  Is there an option/setting somewhere that I can turn these back on?

Thanks,

Mike.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
MikeLouwrens

Thanks Susan, I will get IT permission to download and install the hotfix and see how that goes.

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos
MikeLouwrens

Marianne Farretta wrote:

Can you successfully create and subsequently see a view in 10.3?  And, do you have the ability to confirm with an earlier client that the view itself is healthy and happy?

Not in the 9.3 database.

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos

Sounds like 10.3 client/9.3 db compatibility.  Check this link: Client and geodatabase compatibility—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

It suggests to me that functionality is known to be limited, so they say you can connect "to upgrade."  I would verify w/Esri support.

MikeLouwrens

Marianne Farretta wrote:

Sounds like 10.3 client/9.3 db compatibility.  Check this link: Client and geodatabase compatibility—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

ah thanks for that, yes it might be the issue.  I'll pass that info on to my GIS admin people, it may mean we hold off installing 10.3 until we can upgrade our databases.

Cheers,

Mike.

0 Kudos

Hope that all worked out for you, Mike.  And since I promised to update, here is my (similar but not related) issue, in case anyone uses this thread in the future:

Since the beginning of the relationship class in ArcGIS, you could make a relationship class whose name is the same as another table in the database.  Though not a best practice, it did work.  As of DT 10.3, it doesn't work anymore.  The 10.3 client will not be able to see the related tables.  Esri has logged a bug for this which doesn't describe the behavior, but rather the fact that the 10.3 client can still see SOME of the tables, when it shouldn't be able to see any of them at all.

Long story short: if you have relationship classes which have the same name as any of your tables, you'll need to rename the rel class to a unique name.  I am renaming them in place, without rebuilding them.

Also worth noting: as of DT 10.3, the program will not allow you to create a rel class w/the same name of another table.

BUG-000084853

Inconsistent filtering of related tables, when the table name is identical to the relationship class name.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ozMtgCuiJxpu
New Contributor

I have this problem right now after upgraded desktop software to 10.4, can't see views that i created.  if i open from client with 10.3 i can see the views.  I am not sure how to resolve, any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
JonGarrido
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. 

An enterprise geodatabase (10.2) with some table views (MSSQLSEVER).

The views were visible from 10.3 ArcMap version.

The view are not visible any more from ArcMap 10.5. But they are accessible for instance from a MS Management studio..

Even more. When creating a new View from 10.5 the view is created ... but is not visible ... (I can see them from Management Studio)...

Any idea....??

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

What is the SQL Server version?

What is the version of the sde geodatabase? Have you upgraded that to 10.5 as well?

0 Kudos
JonGarrido
New Contributor III

SQL Sever 2012

geodatabase version is 10.2.1.

When trying to upgrade to 10.5 it says that the geodatabase is already upgraded....

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

SQL Server 2012 SP3 is the minimum Database Version supported with 10.5. So try that.

I'll suggest creating a new post for these issues as you are not even able to upgrade the sde gdb to 10.5.

Can you upgrade using Desktop 10.3.x?

Note: Make sure you have backups before testing suggestions...