Arcade as option for the code sample

09-30-2021 05:58 AM
JohannesLindner
MVP Regular Contributor

I propose adding Arcade as an option for the code sample. Considering Arcade is a language developed by ESRI specifically for ArcGIS, it's kinda mind-boggling that it isn't available.

JohannesLindner_0-1633006488423.png

It seems most of the code could be copied from the JavaScript formatting (which I use as a substitute). My biggest gripe is that it doesn't format the Arcade globals:

var a = $feature.Field
var fs = FeatureSetByName($datastore, "FeatureClass")

5 Comments
JoeBorgione

I suggest you put this in as an idea. You’ll get a kudos on it from me for sure!

JohannesLindner

I'd gladly do that. Couldn't find an idea board for the community, though. Where would you suggest posting it?

JoeBorgione
LouiseB_Esri

Just to let you know we do have adding Arcade as an option to use in Community post listed as a future enhancement item in this doc.  Known Issues and Future Enhancements - Esri Community . We are still having active discussions on how to make this happen. As there is no formal Idea Exchange for Community specific ideas then posting as a question here in the Feedback board is the best place. Thanks for sharing with us your desire to see this added to the Community experience. 

LouiseB_Esri
Status changed to: In Development Backlog