Python Error

04-13-2023 08:47 AM
MarcBordelon
New Contributor II

I'm running QGIS ver3.28.2 and was wondering why I keep getting an error message 

"Python error: Couldn't load plugin 'spatialanalysistoolbox' due to an error when calling its classFactory() method See message log (Python Error) for more details." 

Is there something I didn't download when I loaded this software? 

Also I've had problems with adding a shape file, but it doesn't show up on the canvas. I think I've used the correct coordinate system, because I've added other shape files and they show up on the canvas. 

What seems to be the problem. 

2 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @MarcBordelon, I'm copying @KoryKramer's advice from the related post you'd shared: this is Esri's Community platform for ArcGIS. You'll want to post your question in a place like: https://qgisforum.com/ Please feel encouraged to bring any ArcGIS related questions to the group here in Esri Community if and when you have them. All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
KrunalLathiya
New Contributor

You can check out one of the four solutions:

• Check Compatibility: Look for information about the plugin's compatibility with QGIS 3.28.2. This can often be found in the plugin documentation or on the plugin's webpage.
  • Reinstall the Plugin: Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the plugin. This can often resolve issues caused by a corrupt installation.
  • Check the QGIS Log: Go to the QGIS log (View > Panels > Log Messages), and check the 'Python Error' tab for more detailed error messages. This can give clues about what's going wrong.
  • Install Dependencies: If the log indicates missing Python packages or other dependencies, you'll need to install these. This might require using Python's pip tool or your system's package manager.
0 Kudos