Esri Community Updates: June 2023

06-06-2023 07:38 AM
Labels (1)
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager
5 0 637

Hi everyone,

Starting today, you’ll find several updates to Esri Community that enhance users’ experience:

• A GIS Life tab has been added to the top navigation bar of Esri Community, making this new Place for general GIS discussions highly visible across the entire Community platform. Read more about GIS Life in this announcement article.

GIS Life_Top Navigation.png

• A brand-new Browse Communities widget has been added to the right-hand side of our Home Page. This widget prominently features 10 of the top Communities in our platform, simplifying navigation processes for users exploring Esri Community.

Browse Communities.png

• Our existing Home Page widget that encourages Member Introductions has been rephrased to better engage users at any stage of Esri Community involvement while maintaining some emphasis on members sharing about themselves.

Meet Members Widget.png

• The size and text of the Home Page’s bottom brick has been updated to (a) accurately reflect current offerings of Latest News and Community Resources, and (b) create more space for post previews in the Latest News feed just above. Note that users may need to click the “Load more” button beneath the post previews one time to clear an older version from their cache and initiate the expanded feed.

Latest News_Community Resources.png

About the Author
I'm a Community Manager focused on Engagement & Content here at Esri. My guiding ethos is that community — people coming together around shared purpose, demonstrating collective support, and collaborating in mutually beneficial ways — is the most powerful source for progress in the world. I'm at your service as we make great things happen through GIS.