Business Analyst Extension

04-23-2020 08:11 AM
AnudeepY
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I'm working in Retail industry as a GIS Analyst. I have never used or worked with ESRI's Business Analyst extension. 

But with nature of work, and certain tasks, I perform it seems very useful. 

But recently I got a recommendation regarding Online version as the desktop version is missing some of the data that you get with the online version and therefore is not purchased very often outside of the US.

Is this True? For example, I would need demographics data or traffic data for accurate drive times etc. So, the desktop version of BA extension will not be useful in Ireland?

Please let me know your valuable thoughts and feedback. Greatly appreciated.

Stay safe, stay home and take care.

Regards,

Anudeep.

1 Reply
Kirsten-Marshall
New Contributor

Hi Anudeep, 

That is correct. the Business Analyst (BA) for Desktop and Enterprise will need data configured to in a specific format for the BA tools read the data for the analysis. These are currently only release for Esri Canada and Esri Inc. 

The ArcGIS Business Analyst web which works with the ArcGIS Online licenses, is a good alternative to work with the Business Desktop tool. 

ArcGIS Online includes useful data to enrich your existing data. With the ArcGIS Professional and ArcGIS Online you will be able to build you own data that can be published into your ArcGIS Online and Business analyst web for use. 

Your local distributor will be able to assist you with details on the using the ArcGIS Professional and ArcGIS Online for building your data for the BA web tools.