Adding an excel table in a Cascade Story Map

Jump to solution
06-28-2021 12:57 PM
NancyLRoss
New Contributor III

I have a Cascade Story map that has an image of an Excel spreadsheet. Staff is worried that it's not ADA compliant because a reader cannot read the text. Can you place an Excel spreadsheet in any other way that makes it more ADA compliant?  Thanks! https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/065a222a922e464391f160e8c818c84a 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@NancyLRoss - While HTML can be used to add tables to the classic Journal and Series templates, unfortunately that feature is not available in Cascade.

A way to address this would be to post the spreadsheet file on the web and provide a link to the spreadsheet from within the story say something like "View an accessible version of this table [here]."

I moved this thread to the classic board since this question is about a classic template.

We are planning to add the ability to add tables to ArcGIS StoryMaps later this year.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@NancyLRoss - While HTML can be used to add tables to the classic Journal and Series templates, unfortunately that feature is not available in Cascade.

A way to address this would be to post the spreadsheet file on the web and provide a link to the spreadsheet from within the story say something like "View an accessible version of this table [here]."

I moved this thread to the classic board since this question is about a classic template.

We are planning to add the ability to add tables to ArcGIS StoryMaps later this year.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
NancyLRoss
New Contributor III

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
LarsArneson
New Contributor III

I'm struggling to find the option to add tables within ArcGIS StoryMaps. @OwenGeo, if you could point me to the documentation that would be incredibly helpful!

0 Kudos
GabrielleFausel
New Contributor II

Owen,

Has the functionality to add tables to ArcGIS StoryMaps been added yet?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@GabrielleFausel - Currently, you can add a table to an ArcGIS StoryMaps story as a screenshot. We are looking to add a native table capability, but we do not have a date when it will be available at this time.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos