Attribute Rules in FBGD shared to ArcGIS Online Dont Run

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 10:10 AM
JeraldAllen
New Contributor III

Hello all, I have created a geodatabase for storm structures/pipes and want to have the pipes automatically calc some fields based on the points they are connected to. I have successfully written the attribute rules to do this and they work fine in arcgis pro. However, when I share them to arcgis as a feature layer and draw a pipe in the map viewer, the popup does not show the id calculated.  I started to go down the road of pop-up configuration/attribute expressions, but isnt that what the AR is for? Also, the arcade expression in the AR doesnt work in the Attribute Expressions so i figured I am going about this all wrong. Help?

JeraldAllen_0-1669831761768.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can, but you need ArcGIS Enterprise and an enterprise database.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

ArcGIS Online hosted feature layers do not support attribute rules.  Your attribute rule is being stripped during publishing.

0 Kudos
JeraldAllen
New Contributor III

Dang, That's not what I wanted to hear! lol This article says differently (i think) but sounds like you have experience and know that its not the case.  This would be a game changer for our workflows if this would actually work. 

JeraldAllen_0-1669836523621.png

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/share-datasets-with-attribu...

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You can, but you need ArcGIS Enterprise and an enterprise database.

0 Kudos
JeraldAllen
New Contributor III

Ah, that makes sense.. Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos