Arcade - Batch calculation

10-19-2022 05:19 PM
Aнастасия88
Occasional Contributor

Hi ESRI community, just stumbled along the way of setting Batch calculation rule with Arcade expression. If someone gives me a solution, that would be appreciated!

What I am trying to set up is just simple - Create buffers on existing point features by the batch calculation rule. I prepared a code but it does not work unfortunately. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jake_S
by
Occasional Contributor II

Are you needing the rule to evaluate at a specific user determined time or would creating the buffer as the point is created be sufficient?

If creating the buffer at point creation is a solution that works for you this link may help. 

Editing features on another class with attribute rules

0 Kudos
Aнастасия88
Occasional Contributor

Hi JS_Esri,

I have many points layers already and I would like to create buffers for each of them in one go by batch calculation. I also found the link but it only shows an immediate calculation. I am trying to create a code but not success yet. Yes, evaluate the rule at the user determined time would be great as well. 

0 Kudos
Jake_S
by
Occasional Contributor II

Just want to confirm you are using a branch versioned data with editor tracking published as a feature service with validation enabled?

0 Kudos
Aнастасия88
Occasional Contributor

No, I am using feature classes in a file geodatabase. I am using Pro 2.9, which should be able to use this combination for setting up Attribute Rules I think.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

You have existing point layers with exiting points and want to buffer them all at once or do you want an attribute rule that will create buffers for all the newly created points when added?

If you have a bunch of existing point data and just want to create buffers, you could use the Buffer GP tool.

You can right click on a GP tool and choose Batch and will let you feed in multiple datasets and do them all in one go.  

If you are wanting something that dynamically creates the buffers when you add points to the point layer, then an attribute rule would be the way to go.

R_

0 Kudos
Aнастасия88
Occasional Contributor

Hi R_, I am not thinking of using any GP tool for my question here. For creating a buffer for a newly created point, I managed to do that with Attribute rules based on the example in the link mentioned in the previous reply. But the code did not work for batch calculation, which is why I am posting my question here...

0 Kudos