Unable to Export custom fonts in arcmap with Export Map by enableing this option Convert Marker symbol to Polygon in format tab using arcobjects c#.

09-08-2021 02:47 AM
priyanka4142
New Contributor

Issue - one of the feature class  is using a custom font . The custom font may have a problem, or it may be that esri is failing to export it properly for some reason. When exporting manually (using the 'Export Map...' command on the File menu) in ArcMap, there is a check box on the Export dialog -> Format tab labeled 'Convert Marker Symbols to Polygons. Having this checked will output the feature classes.

We need to be able to programmatically set the option that is represented by that check box. 

I created one base command application and able to set this option is true and also seeing the output PDF is exported with the feature class with custom font.

here referring the I Application from hook as below and getting the map document and opening my stored display and setting the Export Map options inside this map document.

if (hook == null)
return;
_application = hook as IApplication;

But the problem is we need to implement this in existing application in the project. When we tried to set this option is true, it is setting as true (could see it through debug mode) but in exported pdf was not showing the custom fonts.

In existing solution - referring the application as below and opening map document and trying to set the option is true, but it is not exporting the custom fonts.

var document = (IDocument) new ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMapUI.MxDocumentClass();
_application = document.Parent;

Please provide suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sudhansuMishra
New Contributor II

Issue - one of the feature class  is using a custom font . The custom font may have a problem, or it may be that esri is failing to export it properly for some reason. When exporting manually (using the 'Export Map...' command on the File menu) in ArcMap, there is a check box on the Export dialog - Format tab labeled 'Convert Marker Symbols to Polygons. Having this checked will output the feature classes.

We need to be able to programmatically set the option that is represented by that check box. 

I created one base command application and able to set this option is true and also seeing the output PDF is exported with the feature class with custom font.

here referring the I Application from hook as below and getting the map document and opening my stored display and setting the Export Map options inside this map document.

if (hook == null)
return;
_application = hook as IApplication;

But the problem is we need to implement this in existing application in the project. When we tried to set this option is true, it is setting as true (could see it through debug mode) but in exported pdf was not showing the custom fonts.

In existing solution - referring the application as below and opening map document and trying to set the option is true, but it is not exporting the custom fonts.

var document = (IDocument) new ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMapUI.MxDocumentClass();
_application = document.Parent;

Please provide suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

"stored display" ... are you running arcfm?

0 Kudos
priyanka4142
New Contributor

Yes, The project based out of ARCFM. 

0 Kudos
BrentHoskisson
Occasional Contributor III

The IExportPDF interface has a EmbedFonts option.  Have you tried that?

Brent

0 Kudos
priyanka4142
New Contributor

Yes, I used that option it is working in active map, but here in this case, we are opening mao document at backend and trying to set that option is true , but it was not able to export the custom fonts. 

0 Kudos