Workforce not connecting to a survey in Survey123

Jump to solution
09-20-2021 11:34 AM
3CDCOrganizationalAccount
New Contributor III

I am creating a new Workforce Project and want to connect a specific survey to use in assignments. When I go to try and integrate the survey, it does not appear as one of the survey options. Other survey of mine appear but not the one I need. 

Is there a specific setting that needs to be turned on/off? I already have the share settings for the survey updated to be shared with everyone in my organization.

Thanks for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @3CDCOrganizationalAccount unfortunately, I'll need to look at the survey to see what I can find - is there anyway to get a named user in your organization for troubleshooting purposes?

We can take this offline to email; contact me at cgillgrass@esri.com

Craig

View solution in original post

10 Replies
AndyGeo
New Contributor III
You need to create your survey using Survey123 Connect on the desktop. When you create your new survey, you need to choose Use Existing Feature Layer to build your survey form using the Workforce assignment layer.

Andy

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Is there no way to link a current survey to be opened when working on an assignment in workforce?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is your survey shared with "Everyone" (meaning it's public)? Or is it shared to just the org? It looks like when Workforce searches for Survey forms, it filters out public surveys.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

It is only shared with my Organization as a whole and my specific groups. It has the same share settings settings as some of the other surveys that do appear to be able to link to Workforce.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @3CDCOrganizationalAccount Odd, as @Anonymous User mentions Workforce searches for all survey forms that are not accessible to the public

"(type:"Form") AND (NOT access:public)"

Maybe there's different about the survey; can you invite the "craig_sp" user one of the groups the Survey is in and I can take a look at it?

Craig

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

I do not believe my Organization settings allow me to add people from outside the organization to a group, but here is what my share settings look like. Also this survey was created in Connect. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @3CDCOrganizationalAccount unfortunately, I'll need to look at the survey to see what I can find - is there anyway to get a named user in your organization for troubleshooting purposes?

We can take this offline to email; contact me at cgillgrass@esri.com

Craig

N_Kneisel
New Contributor

Hi All,

Frustratingly, ran into a similar problem.  I took off the Survey 123 I used to build the Workforce App, and now I can't select it.  It is a public survey for now, I'll see if taking it off public is the answer in the meantime, please let me know if there are any other tricks <embedding a link anywhere, or any new fancy options.  

Deploying an app to keep people safe out in the W. Desert of Egypt right now, and wasn't expecting this issue...

0 Kudos
N_Kneisel
New Contributor

Took the survey off Public, didn't help.  Let me know if there's another trick, otherwise, I'll just have to re-create it.

0 Kudos