Workforce Issues

08-04-2020 08:20 AM
PayneRingling
New Contributor III

We are using Workforce pretty extensively to generate work order tickets and integrating with survey to manage timesheet data. We've been experiencing frequent issues where it simply won't lets us generate tickets. etc.  My colleague is on with ESRI support. I'm just wondering if other users have experienced similar large scale Workforce issues. The strangest thing is that its periodic and not consistent outages.

Today for example we can pull data from AGO but can't fully edit it. Add/Delete doesn't work. Editing the attributes does.

33 Replies
MichelleMawson
New Contributor II

Hi our organisation is having an issue today with a very big workforce project. We can not open the project and get a blank screen and no errors.  This is where all our assignments are. This is very odd as we can open a smaller project and create a new project. I know there has been a new update from Esri for Workforce today but there was not meant to be any impact or change to existing projects. this is a classic project. 

Incidentally where a dispatcher has not signed out at the end of the day, the application in Chrome browser has remained available with content to the assignment feature remaining active. 

Has anyone else experienced this today, not being able to open a project?  And if so have you been able to resolve this issue? 

JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Good morning Michelle,

I am currently looking into this issue for you, but cannot yet reproduce on my end. Can you please do me a favor and add "Craig_SP" as a dispatcher to the project you reference above? That way I can look at the network traffic and hopefully see what is going on.

thank you!

James

MichelleMawson
New Contributor II

Hi again James, just wondered if your user Craig_SP was able to have a look at our project and were you able to find a solution, as we are still experiencing the blank screen.

regards

Michelle

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Our organization also began experiencing issues with Workforce Dispatcher yesterday (08/04).  When we open our Classic Workforce project in Dispatcher we get a blank screen (no map, no list of assignments).  We will submit an ESRI helpdesk request.  Just wanted to chime in that we are also experiencing issues with a Classic Workforce project that has Survey123 integrations.

Thanks,

- Jake

JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Jake,

Thanks for letting us know! is there anything in the console (dev tools) throwing an error? Can you also do me a favor and try and open the dispatcher map for the project giving you issues in the map viewer beta? 

thank you,

J

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys

Hi James,

The Chrome dev tools does show a console error:

workforce-web-662ca690a546cd6b33a277fb980d1260.js:487 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'renderer' of undefined
    at d._prepareMap (workforce-web-662ca690a546cd6b33a277fb980d1260.js:487)
    at new d (workforce-web-662ca690a546cd6b33a277fb980d1260.js:485)
    at i.createComponent (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:6769)
    at Object.create (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:1490)
    at Object.evaluate (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:3559)
    at Object.evaluate (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:3446)
    at Ne.evaluateSyscall (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:3699)
    at Ne.evaluateInner (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:3691)
    at Ne.evaluateOuter (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:3691)
    at mt.next (vendor-976bcedddd661ffdfc8ce1d28fa151c4.js:3823)

The Dispatcher map only contains the workers and assignments layer.  The Dispatcher map can be viewed in both map viewer classic and map viewer beta.  Yesterday, the Dispatcher map had a broken layer, I removed the layer using AGOL Assistant in hopes that it would resolve the Workforce issue, but it did not.

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Jake,

This is helpful, thank you! Can you please add "craig_sp" as a dispatcher to the problem project. I'm hoping to inspect the dispatcher map json. 

thank you,

J

0 Kudos
JakeMatthys

Hi James,

"craig_sp" has been added as a dispatcher to our project.  You should have received an invite.

Thanks,

- Jake

0 Kudos
JamesMcManus
Esri Contributor

Hi Jake,

it looks like the issue is a missing "itemId" for some of your layers. if you can go into AGO-Assistant and add:

"itemId": "8f01f04ceef243f8b9bc502b3a86b826" to the assignments operation layer definition, and add `"itemId": "ebc6660c605140158d84c5e7dfc65e8e" to the workers operational layer definition you should be all set. Please let me know if that corrects the problem. 

Still working on the genesis of the issue. You mentioned adding/removing of layers. did you do this via URL in the map viewer?

thank you!

J

0 Kudos