Worker Map Not Displaying

07-06-2021 08:18 AM
GregHall
New Contributor II

One of our project's worker maps will not open.  I have uninstalled the app, reloaded the map multiple times with no luck. I changed permissions to Everyone and the map will still not display.

Any suggestions

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hello.  When this has happened to me, and after trying the same troubleshooting you have performed, I ended up rebuilding the web map.  And/or, I have had to scrap the Workforce project and start from scratch.  I assume something somewhere was corrupted, but have no root cause(s) identified.

0 Kudos
GregHall
New Contributor II

JayHodny,

That's where I was going with it until I changed some permissions around and it has started working.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Greg, what do you mean by "will not open"?  Do you get an error or does the project not appear on the browse screen?

What version of Workforce are you running and what mobile OS?

Craig

0 Kudos
GregHall
New Contributor II

When I select a project from the main app screen it will open up the worker map and display any assignments that need to be done.  This project went straight to a black screen.

I spoke with Juan @ ESRI support and tried some of his suggestions, which included some permissions changes. Then removed the downloaded project and downloaded it again.  It seems to be working now.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Greg, I'd be interested in knowing which permission changes worked for you - there could be a bug in the app that we need to address.

Feel free to reach out to me through email - cgillgrass@esri.com

Craig

DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

Hi @CraigGillgrass ,

I'm having a worker map show up as black when reloaded. No errors are being thrown and the map displays fine in the administrative console. I have added assets to the map, but have not removed any of the default layers. The permissions have not been changed nor have feature service settings on the assets or the assignments or workers. Any thoughts on what to check? Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DavidRichey can you check if there's a pre-planned Map Area for the Worker web map?  Was one created successfully?

Can you also check the permissions on the various layers in the Worker web map?  We've seen issues when the permissions have been set to allow Public Data Collection or when disabling Editor Tracking (Keep track of who edited the data (editor name, date and time))

0 Kudos
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

@CraigGillgrass thanks for your reply. I have not created any pre-planned work areas for the worker map.

I have removed the asset layer in trying to restore the worker map. The one I believe I had in there indeed did not have the correct permissions set (oi!), but, removing it does not seem to have restored functionality to the map.

I have a case started with ESRI technical support. Your question prompted me to discover another potential cause having to do with workers and permissions. I'll send these ideas on to the support tech I'm working with. Thanks for your helpful response.

0 Kudos
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

The solution to this issue was that I had created a custom field for the assignments, and made it required. Only the base Workfoce fields should be required.