Update, Recreate, Delete Offline Areas Fails

Jump to solution
10-31-2022 06:04 AM
mapmcburney
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have been trying to update, recreate, or delete (so i can start fresh) an offline area in a "Worker" Webmap for a week now. Each time it fails with no mention of an error. Once or twice it generated an error saying an item could not be removed because of "delete protection" but that item did not exist in our organization. A search of the GUID came up empty. 

This is extremely problematic because I can't download the Map Area in Workforce because it says that the Offline area is "not complete"

Does anyone have any ideas?

Matt

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mapmcburney
New Contributor III

Chrome did not seem to work. It just stalled without producing any error messages. I tried it again with Firefox and it produced an error almost immediately.

It refereneced an Item ID that said it could not delete because of delete protection. This time I was able to find the offending item. It was an SQLite Geodatabase that I could link directly to but did not show up in the folder it says it was in. Delete protection was on. I turned it off and tried again.

This time it worked! 

Thank you Craig!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@mapmcburney is this with Online or Enterprise?  If Enterprise, what release?

0 Kudos
mapmcburney
New Contributor III

This is with ArcGIS Online. All of the items are hosted layers in AGOL as well. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks @mapmcburney - we'll have to take a look at the network traffic to try and direct this to the right team to look at it

• Using Chrome, get to the point where you are about to click “Save” to create the Map Area, open More Tools > Developer tools
  • Make sure the Network tab is selected
  • Click “Save” and wait until the process completes 
  • To find the details of why the packaging failed
    • Filter for any calls that have the term “job” – the Filter textbox is in the upper left hand corer of Developer Tools.
    • Once the error is displayed, double click on any of the packaging calls that display the messages; you usually want to click the last one
    • In the address bar of the new tab that just opened; add "/results/packages" before the "?f=" so it looks like this--> "jobs/<guid_job_no>/results/packages?f=json&token="
    • Select what’s in the window and either post it here or we can take this offline and you can email me at cgillgrass@esri.com
0 Kudos
mapmcburney
New Contributor III

Chrome did not seem to work. It just stalled without producing any error messages. I tried it again with Firefox and it produced an error almost immediately.

It refereneced an Item ID that said it could not delete because of delete protection. This time I was able to find the offending item. It was an SQLite Geodatabase that I could link directly to but did not show up in the folder it says it was in. Delete protection was on. I turned it off and tried again.

This time it worked! 

Thank you Craig!

0 Kudos