Pass GlobalID from Workforce field assignment Survey123 to second 'repeat' survey

Jump to solution
10-13-2021 03:24 PM
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am building a customized workforce project with additional fields on the Assignments layer. We desired to put a repeat (child table) on the Assignments layer, but according to "Add related table to existing survey123/workforce feature service" and other postings, this is not supported. To get around this, I am creating a related survey. Depending on user selections, a hyperlinked label appears to send the user to the 'child' survey passing values. 

I am using the workflow outlined in "Create assignments in the field with Survey123" and have implemented this successfully. The item I cannot get past is to send the GlobalID from the newly created (with the present survey) Assignment point to the child survey to establish the relationship ("Understanding Dynamic Labels in Survey123 for ArcGIS"). My eventual plan is to publish a joined view of these to allow users to access the data in the repeats in relation to the parent feature (the Assignment point). I can send the xy to the new child point feature ("Pulling data from geopoint questions"), but I need the Assignment GlobalID to make the joined relationship.

I have tried adding a read only GlobalID field to the surrey hoping it would pick up the GlobalID (not likely, I know) and received the error when publishing of Assignment GlobalID is not editable. I looked for methods maybe using pulldata, but that was not a fit. If I refer to ${GlobalID} field in the survey123 url link without the field in the survey, I get the error that the GlobalID is not in the field list--feels like a catch 22.

Is there a way to send the Workforce Assignment GlobalID from an offline Survey in the field to a second survey to act as a repeat to the parent Assignment layer?

Thanks!

@IsmaelChivite  @CraigGillgrass and insights into this question greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

The key to this implementation is the uuid() function. This is outlined in a few places.

Creating 'Ticket Numbers' in Survey123 for ArcGIS

Survey123 unique ID

Formulas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidRichey
Occasional Contributor

The key to this implementation is the uuid() function. This is outlined in a few places.

Creating 'Ticket Numbers' in Survey123 for ArcGIS

Survey123 unique ID

Formulas

0 Kudos