New Workforce Mobile App missing Basemap and Assests

08-10-2020 02:12 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am having trouble with my new Workforce Project. It seems the field guys can't see anything beyond the assignments layer and thier worker layer in the field map. No basemap and no asset layers that I published that are both in the Worker Map. All the layers are shared the same way, I have not moved any layers in agol out of the folder and I did not this problem before in Workforce Classic. This is a brand new project and I haven't made an edits. 

I can get our asset layer and the basemap to show up if I create an offline area. 

Finally, if I do not create an offline area the project will not download to a mobile device. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
23 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Stefani,

Are the layers (including the basemap) that are not showing up in the mobile app Sync enabled?

Craig

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig, 

Yes, they are. I am using the Standard ESRI Imagery Background. I have tried a few different ESRI default backgrounds as well. 

Thanks, 

Stefani

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

thanks Stefani.  Does the craig_sp user have access to the project?  If not, can you invite that user as a worker so I can take a look?

Are any layers behind the firewall or they depend on a VPN connection?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Craig, I'll add you now. And nope, no vpn needed. They have 5th Generation iPads and the newest iOS. 

Barnard 2.0: Pipeline Markers 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DCMcLain
New Contributor III

One of my projects is having this issue as well.  Layers that were viewable in the field in Classic are now preventing the project from downloading at all.  Everything displays properly in the Worker and Dispatcher maps online.  I am not the owner of the layers i'm having issues with so that may be affecting things.

We aren't having the basemap issue that I've seen.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Daniel,

Can you check if the layers that aren't loading are Sync enabled?

Also, when you open the project and view the Overview tab; is there a notification near the Workers web map link? 

Craig

0 Kudos
DCMcLain
New Contributor III

They are.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Daniel,

Do you see an error messages?  Can you describe what you mean by "Layers that were viewable in the field in Classic are now preventing the project from downloading at all".  Is this a pre-planned area, as in, are you creating a Map Area or are you simply trying to download the map without defining a Map Area?

Also, when you open the project and view the Overview tab; is there a notification near the Workers web map link? Is there an info icon near the web map?

Craig

0 Kudos
DCMcLain
New Contributor III

This is the error message we get when I try to download the project.  These are the same layers I'm currently using in another project that was built in Classic and they display fine.  I am not defining a map area beyond what the original map extent was.

I do not see any errors on the Overview tab.  I did get a yellow triangle error originally when some of the layers weren't synced. 

0 Kudos