What is the limit of the [index] number in the Workflow Manager Server job template?

Jump to solution
02-13-2023 09:38 PM
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi there,

was not able to find info about this on the Esri Documentation for Workflow Manager Server so I thought I would try my luck here. What is the max limit of the [index] number that is generated from each new Workflow Job Template that can be stored in the system? For example, if after a certain high index number like "JOB_9999" is generated, will the system still be able to store index numbers above "9999" or will there be a failover and the index number will restart?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @EvaTTA 

We use an ObjectID field for the [index] number on job naming. Currently, ObjectIDs are limited to 32-bit values, which store a maximum value of 2,147,483,647.

Esri is currently looking into implementing a 64-bit ObjectID field so this may be even less of a concern in the future.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@EvaTTA 

If that did happen, users would be prevented from creating new jobs. But this isn't a Workflow Manager issue, rather an ArcGIS Data Store issue. There is currently not a way to recycle OIDs in Data Store. Having said that, we're not aware of a user that has run into this with Data Store and active development work is happening with 64-bit OIDs that should make this even less of a concern in the future.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

Hi @EvaTTA 

We use an ObjectID field for the [index] number on job naming. Currently, ObjectIDs are limited to 32-bit values, which store a maximum value of 2,147,483,647.

Esri is currently looking into implementing a 64-bit ObjectID field so this may be even less of a concern in the future.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the reply. What would happen if a job name index number goes past 2,147,483,647?

0 Kudos
JFarmer
Esri Contributor

@EvaTTA 

If that did happen, users would be prevented from creating new jobs. But this isn't a Workflow Manager issue, rather an ArcGIS Data Store issue. There is currently not a way to recycle OIDs in Data Store. Having said that, we're not aware of a user that has run into this with Data Store and active development work is happening with 64-bit OIDs that should make this even less of a concern in the future.

Jonathan

EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks, that helps me to understand more about the job index numbering system and how its more of an ArcGIS Datastore issue. 

0 Kudos