WAB Time Slider Widget - Time Extent Issue

10-15-2015 07:49 AM
DanielStoelb
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone noticed any issues with the time extent not updating with a live feed service?  For example, I'm using one of the ESRI live feeds out there (LiveFeeds/NDFD_WindGust (MapServer))​ and I can adjust all of the time settings in the time slider by enabling the time animation.  Keep in mind that this feed displays what the next 72 hours will look like.  It will then register the proper date and time extent based upon when I loaded that initially into the web map (for example, I loaded it in yesterday and it shows that day clear through Thursday).  I also have it set to automatically refresh the data every 3 hours (roughly the update schedule for that data layer).  I figured that this would refresh the data and display the new time extents.  However, when I load this into the WAB as the base web map, it still shows the original time extent - causing issues for those that want to see what the next three days look like.  I'm wondering if the data isn't refreshing properly in the web map, or if it is something else entirely.

8 Replies
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi Daniel -- I see no one has posted any info on this issue but were you ever able to resolve this somehow?

0 Kudos
DanielStoelb

Still having the same issue unfortunately.

JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

We have the same problem with time slider widget in WAB

0 Kudos
DanielStoelb

I have tried this out in the latest iteration of web appbuilder and the issue is persisting.  When I open the webmap in ArcGIS Online, the updated time extents are there when turning on the webmap, but the updated time extents do not display in web appbuilder.  Has anyone been able to correct this issue?

DanielStoelb

Heard back from Esri today on this - this is already in their system as an enhancement request (ENH-000099082).  They do not have a timeframe for when this will be implemented, but I'll keep an eye on it and post an update when I hear more.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes this is necessary to be able to use it for realtime data like a radar loop or lightning strikes layer.  Otherwise it sits with the same time extent which gets stale once you are past the end of its original time extent. For example if I set it to hourly for radar for 7am-9am and once the clock hits 9am today and moves past it the Time Slider is still stuck showing the old data from the morning. It never auto-updates. Still not present on WAB 2.4. So for now the only use for a Time Slider is for static historical data, not realtime layers like meteorological data, social media posting , asset tracking,  etc.

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Any news on this? This is something I assumed was an integral part of wanting to have near real-time data in the time slider. 

I can't believe this isn't something that exists. 

ConorFlynn
New Contributor III
0 Kudos